- Career Fair
September 13, 2018
UNM SUB Ballroom
- Open House
September 25, 2018
at Pulakos CPAs
- On-Campus Interviews
October 5, 2018
Why Choose Pulakos?
- We emphasize training our employees to be exemplary business people who just happen to be great CPAs.
- Our people develop a broad base of business knowledge and expertise through direct involvement with a wide variety of clients.
- Our processes and client base provide our employees with a professional experience comparable to nationally recognized CPA firms.
- We use a team approach to the client service process.
- Minimal travel requirements (average of 3 to 4 weeks per year).
- We dress for our day – casual attire is welcomed on days with no client meetings or events.
- We have been serving NM-based businesses since 1960.
Senior Tax Associate – Albuquerque, NM
Large, local firm is seeking a Senior Tax Associate to add to its team in Albuquerque. They are recognized as one of the best tax firms to work for in New Mexico.
- Prepare and review corporate, partnership, individual and other tax returns
- Conduct tax research projects for diverse group of clients
- Participate in marketing activities
- Provide quality client service through effective communication, managing expectations and meeting deadlines
- Train and mentor to staff
- Attend professional development and continuing education sessions on a regular basis
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Team environment
- Professional growth
- Development opportunities
- Bachelor’s in accounting required
- CPA preferable, CPA eligible required
- 2 + years’ experience (Preferred to have recent public experience)
- Strong technical tax capabilities and research ability
- Able to problem-solve and think logically
- Self-motivated, able to organize and prioritize under strict deadlines
- Confident with interpersonal skills in dealing with clients and staff
- Proven analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
Tax Manager – Albuquerque, NM
at Pulakos CPAs for Experienced Professionals
Pulakos CPAs is a professional services firm based in beautiful Albuquerque, NM, where we enjoy sunshine and great weather 350 days a year. Our firm provides audit, tax, managed accounting services, and business consulting services to clients locally and nationally. Our commitment to client service has resulted in sustained growth since we began in 1960. Working collaboratively, the best measure of our success is the success of our clients.
We have approximately 35 employees, including 5 equity shareholders. Our guiding principles include a passion for excellence, business integrity, and cultivating business leaders. We use a team approach, and promote a healthy balance in our personal and professional lives.
Pulakos CPAs has experienced exceptional and continual growth. As a result of this growth, we are currently seeking a tax manager-level professional to join our team.
For the right candidate, this position offers excellent compensation and benefits, including health insurance and a retirement plan. For candidates located outside of Albuquerque, relocation assistance is available.
This opportunity would also be a potential path to partnership in the firm.
General Responsibilities and Requirements
- Responsible for the review and job management functions of tax engagements, including compliance, planning, and research.
- Responsible for monthly billing (manager level).
- Ability to assume full responsibilities for directing engagements and special assignments.
- Supportive and offering of assistance to partners and peers.
- Responsible for the development and training of staff- and senior-level tax accountants with on-the-job experiences.
- Responsible for reviewing work prepared by client personnel.
- Ability to work closely with clients’ internal accounting department.
- Recognize when assistance is needed and ask for help from peers and partners, and identity tax planning opportunities
- Give instructions to staff- and senior-level professionals and take direction from peers and partners.
- Ability to maintain total confidentiality and discretion; and ability to establish strong relationships with clients, executives, and other key stakeholders.
- BS or BA in accounting
- Active CPA at manager level required
- Tax experience of five or more years in public accounting
- Flow-through entity and individual tax expertise
- Experience in the following software programs a plus: RIA Checkpoint, CCH ProSystem Fx, and CCH Engagement
Pulakos CPAs is a Fantastic Place to Work!
- Enjoy a comfortable working environment complete with fitness center, open layouts and a welcoming team each day to achieve a great, work-life balance.
- Large enough to enjoy security, small enough to enjoy your important role in a growing firm, Pulakos CPAs’ employees feel part of a “greater team” as we grow in our community and serve our clients.
- Access to leadership is enjoyed by all Pulakos CPAs’ employees! Your ideas, thoughts and input are always welcome as you grow within the firm.
- Pulakos CPAs donates to and participates in community activities. Home of the Green Chile Cheeseburger Day, you’ll enjoy being a part of the fun, family filled events throughout the year.
We Help Great Accountants Become Exemplary Business People
We know that training and experience are the keys to individuals’ professional development. Our team members have the unique opportunity to advance their careers by expanding their business knowledge and expertise through direct involvement with a wide variety of clients, as well as working alongside recognized experts in their fields.
Pulakos CPAs’ team members have the best of both worlds – a big firm professional experience coupled with a small firm culture that creates success through outstanding performance. At Pulakos CPAs, new employees immediately become an integral part of a team of professionals that is committed to delivering quality and timely service, because at Pulakos, Performance Matters!™
The Place to go when you want to Grow!
At Pulakos CPAs you will be challenged and stretched to grow professionally.
- You will be appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions.
- You will be treated as an individual who has unique interests, talents, and ambitions.
- You will be a valued member of the team from your first day.
- You will be rewarded for your confidence, initiative and leadership ability.
Providing Quality Service for Over Half a Century
Pulakos CPAs was established in 1960 by George P. Pulakos in Albuquerque, NM. Over the years, our firm has helped individuals and leading New Mexico businesses grow and reach their financial goals through timely and quality service, trusted advice and sound planning.
We recognize that our team members are our most important assets. Everyone is empowered to provide quality service to our clients. Our team has access to top-quality training through alliances with national organizations such as CPAmerica International, Inc. We also offer the Pulakos Leadership Academy, a forum that provides leadership and management skills, and the opportunity to stay up-to-date on current trends in accounting, finance, and business. In addition, we are affiliated with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the premier national organization serving the accounting profession since 1887. And of course, we are active members of the New Mexico Society of CPAs.
We know that Performance Matters™ in offering our employees individualized opportunities, excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits, resulting in:
- Better compensation packages
- Better opportunities to learn and grow
- Better chances to get exposure to an entire engagement or process, not just a small piece
- Better prospects to make a difference in our firm, our community and build a solid, successful career
- Better travel and working conditions
- Better tools and training to allow you to quickly become more effective
- Better access and approachability to the leaders of our firm
- Better opportunity to complete the CPA exam
The Details Matter
Our career search tips are designed to help you land the job of your dreams. We have advice for every stage of the job hunt process from learning how to polish your resume to being prepared during the interview process.View Our Career Search Tips